Wild Wool Australia was born to do footwear consciously and sustainably, and here’s how:-
- We say no to “fast-fashion” that lasts a single season and create products to last season after season.
- We say no to mass-produced product lines that end up in landfill before they’re even worn, and only make to order.
- We say no to passing the buck when it comes to the quality of life of our workers, and transparently operate our own workshop with our own direct employees on Australian shores.
- We say no to high eco-impact materials, and base our collections on sheepskin and leathers that exist solely as a by-product of another industry.
- We say no to wasteful packaging, and only use biodegradable and recycled paper goods.
- We say no to synthetic materials that disappoint after only a few wears, and choose only long-lasting, durable and hardwearing materials that are designed to stand to test of time.
- We say no to destructive manufacturing techniques, and adopt age-old low impact crafting techniques.
- We say no to 30-day warranties on fast-fashion items, and stand by our products for at least 12 months after purchase.
We give conscious consideration to every aspect of our operations, from the way our products are designed, to the way they are manufactured, packaged and sent, allowing us to handcraft thoughtful pieces that are not only premium in terms of their quality, but have a light footprint on our earth in every possible way.
Unlike other big companies, who hold out that their corporate responsibility ends with ensuring the workers in the factories they are paid “the minimum wage” according to the laws of the county their products are manufactured in, Wild Wool Australia takes pride on putting its best foot forward when it comes to corporate social responsibility in every sense of that obligation.
At Wild Wool Australia, you can confidently buy less, and buy better, knowing we’re doing everything we can to take care of the rest.